Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's time to move on...

It is time to move on... to a new house, by the end of the month. So it's back to going over virtually everything in the house; wondering whether to discard them (meaning donate to some charity or throw them) or carry them to the new place. Whether shifting to a place 1000 km away or just 4 km away (it's the latter here), the efforts at packing is almost the same; and also the efforts at unpacking at the new place. Barring our house in Thiruvananthapuram, this is the house where we have stayed for the longest: six years.

5 comments:

  1. hey congrats on ur new home.
    so u going to trivandrim or will be here only in bangalore.. kinda confused with the post..
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made a 500KM shift couple of months back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you pack, what surprises you is the junk you have accumulated over the years. The best thing to do is to throw away whatever you think may not be needed. But never make the mistake of throwing away books. I did it sometime back and I regret it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy moving. We are used to it. We moved thrice in 8 months in Bangalore. So you can imagine the great opportunities we had to get rid of junk.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.