Friday, October 15, 2010

Holiday season

Though today is Friday, I have a feeling that today's Saturday! That could be because tomorrow is a holiday: Mahanavami. There's already a sense of holiday in the air. I am sure a lot of people are planning to drive out or take an extended break. I haven't planned anything as of now.

It's also the season of holidays. Soon it will be Diwali or Deepawali, and then Christmas is in the air; and then then the New Year...

Today morning, my wife and I went to the nearby Ayyappa temple and placed a few of study material for Saraswati Pooja. This is a unique Kerala tradition. Since textbooks and notebooks are kept for pooja, most children enjoy this time, since no one will ask them to study. The books are taken back on Sunday morning, on the day of Vijayadashami. That's also the day when children are initiated into learning.

Just wondering what to do tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.