Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Roger Federer speaks on Rafael Nadal's looks, on fashion, on his pink shoes, and on going sleeveless

Roger Federer moved to the semifinals on 2018 Australian Open, by beating Tomas Berdych in straight sets, 7-6, 6-3, 6-4, at the Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park today.

The opening set of the quarterfinal match was a really competitive one, and I thought this might just stretch to a five-setter.

Finally, it was an easy win for Roger Federer against Berdych, who seemed to be handicapped by some physical discomfort. He took a medical break too.

But it must be said to Tomas' credit that he didn't let Roger win so easily. He played some great shots, including some powerful aces, zipped around the court, and caught Federer off guard with deftly placed passing shots. The third set showed some hope, but ended in the expected fashion.

Now I am waiting for the semifinal match against Chung, whom Federer will be facing for the first time. It's on Friday, at 2 pm, IST.

Here is Federer's post-match interview... What a entertaining one it was... Just like the match ... Impeccable Roger Federer on his quarterfinal victory, his pink tennis shoes, on fashion, on going sleeveless, on Rafa's looks, on Rafa's injury, on new players, on upcoming match against Chung ...


1 comment:

  1. I did not watch the post-match interview of Roger Federer. Thanks for placing it here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.