Thursday, April 26, 2018

Why ..

That is a basic question, which our innate human curiosity prompts us to ask.

  • Why is sky blue?
  • Why water boils at higher than 100 degrees if you add salt or sugar?
  • Why does ice float on water?

There are clear-cut reasons for these questions, answers that are proven beyond doubt.

However, there are many other question for which we have no conclusive answers.

  • Why some people who drive recklessly never get into accidents?
  • Why in spite of progress in science and technology, there is still so much misery?
  • Why is one person who is 70 years is weak and bedridden, while another person who is 85 is hale and hearty, and walking all around the place?

Why do we have answers only for some questions and not for others?

(This post is a part of the "Blogging from A to Z Challenge April 2018.")

6 comments:

  1. Why Not the Best? Jimmy Carter’s book comes to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, his 1976 Presidential campaign song.

      Delete
  2. I try not to think why all the time or else go nuts. there are people out there who does go around aksing and answering why. I'm glad they existed because nothing would have been accomplished if they didn't.

    have a lovely day.

    my latest a-z is: the waking

    ReplyDelete
  3. And after this I am having so many whys in my mind. Enjoyed reading it :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.