Saturday, September 30, 2006

Blogs and me

Usha tagged me with the following questionnaire:

1. Are you happy/satisfied with your blog, with its content and look? Does your family know about your blog?
I am quite satisfied with the content.
I wish I knew a bit more of technical stuff, so I could improve its looks. On the plus side, blogging has given me opportunity to learn a lot of tech stuff which hitherto I didn't know. The learning process is continuing.
Yes, my family knows about the blog.

2. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?
No, not at all. I don't consider blog as a private thing. Blogs are very much in the public domain, even if the contents are private.

3. Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?
Yes, in some ways. Reading blogs has exposed me to diverse lines of thought, many of them refreshing, positive and encouraging. Also, blogs have been a steady source of information for me. Today, I search blogs as much as or more than websites.
As a professional journalist, I am also, in some ways, expected to keep going through blogs to know the pulse of the people.

4. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I often hunt for new blogs based on the topic of interest. It's almost becoming a past time. Of course, I also have list of blog buddies, whom I visit regularly.

5.What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?
Yes. Besides the number, it is a pointer to the type of subjects that attract readership, and also the regions where most of my readers are.

6. Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
An image of the blogger's personality does indeed get formed in my mind as I keep reading her/his postings over a period of time.

7. Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?
I find blogging a much better method of making friends than most of the networking sites that have sprung up of late. Blog is nothing but another medium of communication. It has its advantages and pitfalls.

8. Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?
Yes to a great extent. Not just the absence of get-togethers, many bloggers are pseudonymous. It has its advantage, because some people are able to though express themselves better that way. With many bloggers exchanging emails and also keeping in touch over phone, besides the occasional bloggers meetings, the isolation is breaking down.

9. Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
Criticism does not annoy me, except when it is personal.

10. Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
No, I neither fear them nor avoid them. Sometimes I look out for them.

11. Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Earlier I used to; not now. Because I have reconciled to the fact that blogsphere too its share of saints and sinners like the real world.


12. Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?
No. Though I won't be able blog, the URL will survive, won't it?

13. What do you like to hear? What's the song you might like to put a link to in your blog?
We Thank Thee by Jim Reeves:


We thank Thee each morning for a new born day
Where we may work the fields of new mown hay
We thank Thee for the sunshine and the air that we breathe oh Lord we thank Thee
Thank Thee for the rivers that run all day
Thank Thee for the little birds that sing along the way
Thank Thee for the trees and the deep blue sea oh Lord we thank Thee
Oh yes we thank Thee Lord for every flower that blooms
Birds that sing fish that swim and the light of the moon
We thank Thee every day as we kneel and pray
That we were born with eyes to see these things
Thank Thee for the fields where the clover is grown
Thank Thee for the pastures where cattle may roam
Thank Thee for Thy love so pure and free oh Lord we thank Thee
Oh yes we thank Thee Lord...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Buddy,

    Hope you keeping well...Hmmm your Tag answer are well written, look like very straigh forward not an diplomatic...cool buddy...Tag is good thing to know more about people..and other bloggeres...and yeah thanks for dropping on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting responses Pradeep, Particularly that point about how blogs help you professionally by helping you know the pulse of the people.
    I particularly liked that line in the song:
    We thank Thee every day as we kneel and pray
    That we were born with eyes to see these things

    How lucky indeed we are!

    Thanks for doing the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am taking up this tag. Really well answered :)
    As a journalist blogs are a perfect place to check out the moods and sentiments of people who may not be so forthcoming with their views otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ekawaarz, Usha and Silverine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Pradeep,

    Hope you doing allright, Just came to check any updates. No worries will bounce back laters....Chilll:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pradeep, your views as a professional are so refreshingly different that I feel like adding"

    We thank thee for the professional souls like you.

    Kindly take a look at this- Are bloggers failed writers and half-wits or for professional journalism, is this the pits?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.... nice answers and particularly your interest in looking out for new blogs, should be appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiren, Praveen..... Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.