Monday, June 25, 2007

Police station working out of Sainik School

The Sarojini Nagar police station in Lucknow, it seems, doesn't have a place of its own. Established in 1982, the profile of the station, however, has been steadily rising with the increased jurisdictional area.

According to a report in the Lucknow Newsline of the Indian Express of June 22, "the Sarojini Nagar police is carrying out its functions from an old three-room building of the Sainik School, due to the lack of a proper building".

The police are helpless since "the space cannot be utilized for any kind of construction, as the compound belongs to Sainik School", the report says.

Click here for the news item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.