Tuesday, March 16, 2010

'Time and Tide' is back on Ugadi

To everyone, who has been reading Time and Tide, my apologies for the hiatus -- 20 months and 4 days -- it has been a long time. I wasn't able to post anything here, and I owe a Big Thank You to those who helped me resume my blogging here.

What a day to be back. Today is Ugadi -- the New Year Day festival in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. The day is celebrated as Gudi Padwa in Maharashtra. It's a festive occasion for Sindhis around the country, who celebrate the day as Chetti Chand or the Sindhi New Year. The Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali equivalents of this day come next month. India is such a complicated nation when it comes to religious festivals!

It's indeed an auspicious day to re-enter the blogospere. Please do check back. Thanks a lot, for staying on with Time and Tide patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.