Monday, November 15, 2010

TIME article -- Why more infrastructure isn't enough for India

An interesting article from the lastest issue of Time.... especially in the context of Obama saying that India is "not just rising, but it has risen". 

"It's a source of constant conflict and great contradictions, explaining why gleaming highways rise up effortlessly while decent sewer lines do not. There's a risk that infrastructure asset bubbles will form -- overfunded, underused toll roads, for instance -- while basic services languish. How this tension is resolved will determine what kind of economic superpower India will become."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.