Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year To Do List

The first day of another new year. Woke up around 7 am to a strange sound. Rain? Looked out through the window. Indeed it was the pitter patter of the rain drops. Very unlikely on a New Year Day.

Last year was a significant one. I changed my job. This year too will be momentous. Because I will pass a milestone in my life. More about that some other day.

New Year resolutions? No. Never believed in them. I think in school, I used to have them. But they never worked out. Probable reason: they were decisions I was forcing myself to take because it was January 1. So, no ambitious goals. I am restricting myself to small tasks. I have made a list of things to do in 2015. Easier to keep track, accomplish and feel gratified. What are they? That will be the subject of my end-of-year post.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I don't do resolutions either, for the same reason. I don't believe in them. I usually joke every year saying I resolve to continue being myself. I often even say "To continue being awesome". Taking personal resolution by default mean there is something wrong with oneself. There are enough people that will point that out during the year and try to make me feel bad without hopping on that bandwagon myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cynthia. Wish you a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Nice post, sir. Short and sweet. The word 'resolution' surely sounds overwhelming. A to-do list sounds more achievable.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.