Tuesday, February 1, 2005

Free parking in Bangalore

Mayor R Narayanswamy's decision to make parking free on streets of Bangalore is really good. But I was worried about the loss of revenue to the corporation: like Rs 5 crore annually from 142 streets.

He has some brains. For, he has come out with a good alternative scheme. Hand over these streets to bidders. The highest bidder can put up ads on poles at designated places. Plus, he will have to maintain the street using an attendant who will wear a uniform and carry an identity card. Motorists won't have to pay.

This will be from April 1. Not that we never have good schemes. If all of them had been sincerely implemented, India would have been a Heaven on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.