Sunday, May 15, 2011

Freak shower & disaster

Over the last few days it has been raining heavily in Bangalore. Very unusual to have rains at this time of the year. In India monsoon itself begins only by June from Kerala.

But the saddest part is the death and destruction even this freak shower brings about in Bangalore. Yesterday a 14 year old boy was washed away when trying to retrieve the cricket ball which had gone into a stream.

It is two days and no signs of the boy. How sad. I can just imagine the plight of his parents.

It is a different matter to say that the boy should not have gone to retrieve the ball from a dangerous area.

But the unfortunate incident having happened, it is the responsibility of state machinery to have an effective search and rescue machanism. That is the basic essential of disaster management, is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.