Monday, May 30, 2011

Twitter hands over user details to court in libel case

Twitter has handed over to a US court the account details of a twitter user against whom a UK city council has slapped libel case for posting defamatory remarks against council members.

This is perhaps first time a social media group has revealed user account details of a user in a libel case.

Interestingly a UK city council has gone to the US to fight a case agsinst a twitter user since twitter is based in the US. Rarely non-US organisations or individuals have travelled to the US to fight libel case against a Facebook or Twitter user or a blogger.

Will this be a trend setter?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-england-tyne-13588284

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.