Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Unions of dwarfs in Kerala

Kerala is known for the countless number of unions, owing allegiance to both ends of the political spectrum.

Here is an interesting item on the BBC on how dwarfs have got together in Kerala to ensure they are not discrimiated against.

  • The Kerala Small Men Association has 300 members across the state and is demanding what it calls "special recognition" from the government. A recent regional film "Adbhutha Dweep" or Wonder Island, which cast 300 dwarfs, has been a huge hit and is thought to have inspired action. The men want job quotas, free bus rides and other facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.