Monday, May 21, 2007

21st Sainik School

India's 21st Sainik School is in Punglwa in Nagaland. It was inaugurated by defence minister A K Antony on May 12.

The school is the third in the North East, other two being at Goalpara (Assam) and Imphal (Manipur) established in 1964 and 1971 respectively. Spread over an area of 300 acres, the school is located in the scenic foothills of Pauna Range Peren district of Nagaland, about 47 km from Dimapur.

Links:
-- Report in Assam Tribune
-- List of Sainik Schools

2 comments:

  1. 300 acres !! wow!! we had 200 at SSKZM as I recall or am I wrong? I heard much has been sold off??

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm right we too had 300 acres... though of course now it is much less.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.