Monday, October 3, 2011

Tributes paid to 2/Lt Radha Mohan Naresh

Tributes were paid to 2/Lt Radha Mohan Naresh, who laid down his life for the country in the 1971 operation in Jammu, on Friday. He was an alumnus of my alma mater, Sainik School, Kazhakootam. Much senior to me. But we students grew up hearing about him, the first martyr from our school. The saddest part is that he had been commissioned into the army only a week before the tragic event. It's 40 years since then. The school is currently celebrating its golden jubilee, and the school and the Old Boys Association are jointly paying special tributes to the brave young Indian.

More from Malayala Manorama, The New Indian Express, The Hindu, The Tribune, The Statesman

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.