Saturday, March 26, 2022

Chennai Trip - 6

Tuesday, March 8

Many months ago, a blogger friend of mine, Rajesh K of Destination Infinity, wrote in the comment section of my blog that I should let him know the next time I was in Chennai so that we could catch up for a cup of coffee.

I had kept that in mind when I planned this Chennai trip. I emailed him my schedule and we decided to meet up today. He was very gracious to invite my wife and me to his home. 

We met up around 4 pm. There wasn't any proverbial ice to be broken, and we got talking with Rajesh, his wife and mother, as if we knew them for a long time! That's the sort of connection that blogging brings about! We didn't realise how nearly a couple of hours had gone by!

Among the topics we talked about was how offline meetings of bloggers was very common during the mid-2000s, when blogging was the most dominant social media platform. During those times, bloggers not just met up but also joined hands to launch social campaigns and projects. 

This was my first meeting with a blogger pal in nearly 15 years. Hopefully looking forward to such meetups.   

Here's Rajesh's post on our meetup


11 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Oh, I have been so fortunate to meet quite a number of my blogging pals, from India, USA, Canada and right here in the UK (one of home is now a firm friend and regular visitor). I do think the social media boom has cuased blogging to become a bit of a distant cousin; people seem less inclined to the 'slow read' these days. But I love it and will stick with it. None of this zapping, snapping, apping for me!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yamini - That's very nice. I have got to know a lot of people via blogs. Some have gone on to become my Facebook "friends".

      Delete
  2. Hi Pradeep - that sounds like a greet meet up - and lovely you can be in touch more easily with Rakesh, I hope Chennai can be on your schedule again sometime soonish. People don't realise how we as bloggers so easily connect with each other ... I've met a few - but know that I could turn up in nearly every part of the world and tie in with a blogging friend. Delighted you had this chance to meet in person - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should thank you for taking the time and the effort to come to my house. Had I been in better health, I would have traveled to meet you, but not this time...

    One thing I noticed is, people who just seek attention have stopped blogging. People who are passionate about writing, still are. So this is the best time for bloggers to network :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rajesh - It was our pleasure.
      Yes, we must try to link up with more bloggers.

      Delete
  4. I am glad you are able to meet Rajesh and his family. I have met him in Chennai on one my trips. Since I started to blog about 13 years ago, I have met 5 of my fellow bloggers, both in India and USA. We were lucky enough to host one of the bloggers in our home when she visited from India.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, blogging has changed as of late. How nice that you two got a chance to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meeting blogger friends is such a delight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pooja - Yes, absolutely! The interaction is far more substantial and we have real face to the name, is it not?

      Delete
  7. Hi hope you are doing well . Great that you met another blogger . I always love blogging and bloggers than any other media . Writing is all together another feel . Some say it old school but I don’t care . I love it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shilpa - Yes, I am doing fine. Thank you so much :-) Yes, it was a great meetup. Blogging is far more in depth. It's so superficial like most of the posts in the common social media platforms tend to be. Yes, so what if it's old school :-)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.