Friday, April 1, 2022

A2Z Challenge - Day 1 - Affable


If I were to ask you: "Whom do you tend to get along well with?", what would be your answer?

For me, it's being affable that matters the most. Someone who is friendly, not intimidating, easy to talk to. They are generally in a good mood most of the time, and they effuse positive vibes.

When you meet such people, they have a smile on their face and are welcoming, which in turn encourages us to speak to them. They are accessible.

They are quite likely to be accommodating as well. That makes such people amazing and awesome!

When people who matter to us, who are important in our lives, are affable, life is easy.

I am not sure how much one can train oneself to be affable. Maybe to a certain extent. 

I guess it's largely a characteristic that one is born with. Probably, certain situations in life might make a person to become affable in order to adjust to those situations.

Be that as may, there is no doubt that affability is a very positive trait that is always facilitating, encouraging and energising. 

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

Is affability an important trait for you? 

Can you get along well with people even if they aren't affable but they have some other traits that compensates for their lack of friendliness?

---------

This post is part of the blogging challenge in April every year, wherein bloggers put up one post a day, from A to Z, every day except Sundays. 

I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z. I am also on A2Z April Challenge.

Image credit: Pixabay


14 comments:

  1. Affability makes it more likely that one can talk to a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Without question, affability will bring accord between people! Nice start to the challenge of April!!! YAM xx
    (I am A2Z-ing too &*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that affability makes it easy to talk to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, affability is important to me. It brings peace to conversations. And I do think some of it has to be an inborn trait. One can cultivate it only to a certain extent.. imo!
    Stopping by via the AtoZ master list. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's important, yes, but I don't think its a deal breaker for me. Some people are just prickly that's okay too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's important. A wonderful positive start to the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pradeep - yes being polite enough to acknowledge a friendly greeting, even if one doesn't want to go further with chit-chat. It's a lovely adjective - a gentle word ... cheers - good luck and enjoy the A-Z - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know the meaning of affable till now... thank you for introducing me to this wonderful word :)

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pradeep - congrats on starting another AtoZ Challenge - have fun and I always think of you as being a very affable bloke - so I guess you'd be an expert in this area :) I'll be back check more of your posts as the month continues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like affable folks too:) And as you said Pradeep, if the people one lives with have this trait, life becomes easy. How true!
    Great start.
    I'm doing the A to Z Challenge too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like affable people. But as President Reagan said "Trust but verify". Sometimes these affable people are the dangerous back-biters. Not all. But some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like people with a good vibe too. Recently, I've see the differences in my own attitude when I interac with people with a positive energy and people with a negative energy.
    It seems to strange, but it's something real.

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Enter the New Woman

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first thing I notice is a person's energy: positive? negative? self-absorbed? I don't care as much about personality as I do about energy. Some people - affable, friendly, annoying, whiny, any personality - can be draining to be around.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.