Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Day 17 - Quarantine

Easily, the most common, Q word, these days. It just generally means isolation, though of course there is a technical difference.

Isolation is when you are infected and you stay away from others.

Quarantine is when you might not be actually sick or infected, but you have a doubt that you might be. So in order to avoid the risk of infecting others in case you are infected, you stay away from others.  

Quarantine is a phenomenon that Covid brought into our lives. In 2020, in August-September, I was in quarantine thrice. Not because I had Covid, but people I came in contact with had Covid.

Now we are living in an era, when even if someone sneezes or coughs, even if intermittently, others would move away! Most employers discourage their employees from coming to office even if they have cold / cough.   

Though Covid Era might not have ended, the Quarantine Era seems to have ended.

--------------------

This post is part of the blogging challenge in April every year, wherein bloggers put up one post a day, from A to Z, every day except Sundays. 

I'm participating in #BlogchatterA2Z. I am also on A2Z April Challenge.

Image credit: Pixabay

6 comments:

  1. Our wavelengths matched today..i too write about quarantine but wrote my experience! I wish quarantining ended once for all...


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    A sanitary measure that most governments have Quit - but one wonders as to the advisibility of that move. Then again, we all have the right to self-isolate if we still have doubt (or concern...) YAM xx
    Q=Query

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pradeep - we're effectively out of it here ... but some are still being cautious, and some must be - which must be awful for them. I consider myself lucky ... I've been fine, but have only been reasonably sensible and have complied with the rules re masks etc - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Oscar Wilde said it is very healthy to spend time alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas, not everyone who should quarantine actually does.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.