Thursday, July 20, 2006

Times of India editorial on blog gag

The Times of India has editorially commented on the blanket shutting out all blogs. In today's first edit, "Cyber Gag", TOI says:

"For a nation that's supposed to be IT savvy, this ham-handed attempt at censorship betrays little understanding of either technology or security...

"What makes the blanket ban more appalling is that a site that rendered public service by listing phone numbers of hospitals where victims of the Mumbai blasts were taken, was also blocked by it...

"What's needed is to be able to anticipate threats to security, and work out coherent short- term as well as long-term strategies for meeting them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.