Friday, July 28, 2006

Bruce Barton

I happened to read about this wonderful personality called Bruce Barton.

He was a man of many talents -- advertising executive, religious writer, copy writer and United States Congressman.

His quotes are well-known. Some of my favourites:

** Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress.

** If you have anything really valuable to contribute to the world it will come through the expression of your own personality, that single spark of divinity that sets you off and makes you different from every other living creature.

** In good times, people want to advertise; in bad times, they have to.


2 comments:

  1. hats off!..this man sounds inspiring...post more about him if you can

    ReplyDelete
  2. * Beyond:
    Well, I shall look up and see if I can post some more about him...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.