Friday, January 21, 2005

Bangalore bandh

I had gone to Marthahalli in the morning. I found the shops closed. During the course of the day, news came in of lots of shops shutting down. Many buses were stoned. Inflammable material were set afire. Hooligans had a field day. All in response to the Benny Hinn show.

When Uma Bharti was arrested there was a call for Bangalore bandh but it was not successful. May be it was because it was a political issue and this was a religious issue.

Going by the number of people who attended it, the show was a big event. Some five lakh was the number quoted. There were many VIPs and their relatives who were in the list of people who wanted to be healed and cured. Many claimed they were, and many said there was no effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.