Friday, April 12, 2024

Keenness

Theme: Emotions

I'm not too keen on spicy food, but I'm willing to give it a try. 

My brother is keen on learning history.

The team is keen on going on an excursion to boost morale.

Keenness is an emotional state that we are very familiar with. 

There is a lot of enthusiasm and a strong desire to engage with something that is close to our hearts.

Keenness is as much about passion as about aspiration. It is also a source of happiness. 

It is a positive emotion that drives us forward. 

The excitement that comes with keenness fuels our drive. We are eager to learn, explore, and achieve, pushing ourselves further than usual.

When we are keen on something, our minds buzz with ideas. New perspectives and innovative solutions emerge. 

However, we need to approach keenness with a bit of caution. If we don't get what we are keen on, that might lead to sadness and disappointment.

Therefore, it's important to balance keenness with patience.

(I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterA2Z)


8 comments:

  1. The students today weren't too keen on the lesson, but they gave it a go, anyway. Which was nice for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not one I've thought too much about. Good choice for today's letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever word for K. Kudos to you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Are you keen to...?" "I'm not too keen..." It's an interesting and can be quite a loaded word, and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, ce n'est pas un mot que j'utilise en anglais, et je le redécouvre avec toi. Merci pour cette définition, et pour le rappel de mon vocabulaire !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Il y a quelques mots comme ça dans toutes les langues. Nous apprenons chaque jour.

      Delete
  6. The world is driven by Keenness. It is inherited through genes. Nice writeup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the early 1960s tv show "Leave It To Beaver" the two boys would use "keen" where we might use the word "cool". I may have to bring that back!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.