Monday, April 15, 2024

Motivation

Theme: Emotions

Motivation is the driving force behind our actions. It is the fuel that keeps us moving forward even when the going gets tough.

Coming to think of it, motivation is the reason we do something. Take blogging, for example. Something is making me write blog posts. 

Motivation can stem from basic needs, emotional desires, or personal goals, and it varies greatly from person to person.

Where do I look for motivation? It's there in and around us.

For example, stories of people we admire, the beauty of nature, the thrill of creativity, the satisfaction of overcoming a challenge, the desire to make a difference, to improve our lives, to fulfil a sense of duty, a supportive comment, a compelling book ... the list goes on.

Can motivation help me achieve everything that I want? Not really. Motivation is the first step. I have to follow up on that with actions.

What if I am not getting motivated? That is a common problem, but it is not unresolvable. Look for situations or things that provide a positive impact, such as friends who are comfortable to be with. Set small and achievable goals and use them as stepping stones to move ahead.

As mountaineer Edmund Hillary said, "I think it all comes down to motivation. If you really want to do something, you will work hard for it."

So, look for what you want. Get started. Get going.

(I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterA2Z)

6 comments:

  1. I'm feeling rather unmotivated today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to motivate people. (I can motivate myself. Well, most of the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ton challenge de cette année est très intéressant ! C'est un bonheur de lire tes articles, toutes ces ondes positives, c'est reposant !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble getting motivated for things I don't want to do, like parent-teacher conferences!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.