Saturday, April 13, 2024

Love

Theme: Emotions

This is a word that we throw around a lot.

I love pizza!

I love my dog!

I love you!

This little four-letter word has many shades of meaning because it's a spectrum, a kaleidoscope of emotions and connections. 

Love isn't just romantic; it's also the bond between friends, the protective instinct of a parent, and even the passion one feels for a hobby or vocation.

It can be disarming as well as therapeutic. 

Love can be synonymous with duty and responsibility.

It is also about what makes our lives easier or things that we enjoy. Like, our love for our favourite apps or food.

In a social context, love is the driving force behind movements that seek to create a better, more equitable world.

It's about compassion, empathy, and a desire for the greater good. 

The love for humanity.

(I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterA2Z)

16 comments:

  1. The English language needs more words for love. ~shakes head~ I try to avoid it in certain contexts (I'm a language geek). Meanwhile, there's a great scene in an over-the-top romantic comedy film called "Clerks II".

    The main female protagonist says, "I love my parents, I love my care, but romantic love?" She didn't believe in it until she did. :D The preceding movie "Clerks" is a great watch, as well.

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    👌💖🤗 YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog post. Thought provokiing. Like i do love pizza, but i can survive without it. there are some things that i love more than pizza, that bring more value to my life.

    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2024/04/l-little-star-by-john-ajvide-lindqvist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Idea-ist - Thank you. "more value to life" ... that's nice :-)

      Delete
  4. I love Darla's quote, She didn't believe in romantic love, until she did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love means never having to say you’re sorry – famous line from Erich Segal novel “Love Story”. A very important line when you read the book. It came out as a movie also starring Ali MacGraw and Ryan O’Neal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love was the topic for one of my blogs, as well. It certainly is used almost too loosely these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pradeep - I'm coming to see that love is the root of life. If we know and experience genuine acceptance and love, then we learn to give it to others too. I have a post coming up about that in a couple of weeks - roots and fruit. I'm enjoying your AtoZ series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the word gets thrown around a little too much. I agree with Darla's comment that there should be more English words for "love"

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.