Thursday, April 25, 2024

Vibe

Theme: Emotions
This is an emotion that is very common, but we usually don't pay much attention to it.

You walk into a restaurant, and you feel comfortable with everything and everyone around you: the music, the people, the lighting, the general ambience.

The warmth that you feel when you meet old friends.

We say we vibe with someone when we connect at a deeper level, evoking mutual understanding, shared interests, and easy rapport.

Vibes are felt, not seen. They're a combination of visual cues (think lighting, decor), sounds, smells, and even the body language of the people around you. 

The vibe is all about a certain energy that you feel, which puts you at ease.

It's not confined to a single emotional spectrum; rather, it can be positive, negative, or anywhere in between, depending on the context and individual perceptions.

It can also be negative when nothing around you seems to be right.

It's said the positive affirmations that come from vibing with someone can enhance our mental health, provide a sense of meaning, and contribute to our overall physical health.

Conversely, negative vibes can drain energy, create discomfort, and contribute to feelings of isolation.

Therefore, being mindful of the vibes we emit and surround ourselves with can be a form of self-care, a way to nurture our mental and emotional health.

(I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterA2Z)

7 comments:

  1. Just curious. Vibe and ambiance mean the same?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energy emanates via vibrations. I think we can feel that energy, even if we don't quite know what it is we are feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vibes are often unconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Been enjoying your exploration of the a to z of feelings, sorry to have been so absent in comments this year.

    Just to let you know that there is post in the name of this blog on my reader that is claiming that RSS needs to be added to the URL I have - but that post is not visible here on your blog and the link on the sidebar does not indicate that change, so am wondering if you did indeed make a post instructing change, or if there is some weirdliness going on in the ether with your name/blog attached??? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yamini - I can guess the reason. I had published the post without the title. A few minutes after I published it, I realised that I had forgotten the title. So, wrote the title 'Vibe' and republished it. I am not sure if this is the reason. Let's see if the problem recurrs with my subsequent posts.

      Delete
  5. I worked as a barmaid for over ten years. You get quite attuned to the vibe of the room and whether or not the crowd is going to be a happy one or if there's likely to be trouble
    Debbie
    #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vibes do matter. I have much experience with them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.