Friday, April 19, 2024

Quietness

Theme: Emotions

This is not exactly an emotion. But some emotions can be related to it.

Personally, I am quiet, and I like quietness too. But not silence, though. There is a shade of difference between the two.

In our fast-paced, information-saturated world, quietness is a rarity.

But the fact is that an environment shorn of noise offers strength and beauty. 

Actually, being quiet is not just about the volume of sound or noise. It can mean a lot more.

Being quiet allows us to instrospect, reflect and also process our thoughts.

We are able to observe our surroundings better and gather information before we speak. 

We are also able to listen to other people. There is no better way to connect with people than to be a good listener.

When we are quiet, we are at peace, and that goes a long way in ensuring healthy emotional well-being.

Some people mistake a high volume of sound to be an indication of authority. It might be in the short term. In the long run, it doesn't help.    

Similarly, quietness can be mistaken for weakness. But, decisiveness and firmness, when warranted, would indicate the inner strength of quietness.

So, embrace the power of quiet observation, thoughtful reflection, and the strength that comes from a calm mind.

(I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterA2Z)

10 comments:

  1. Quietness is almost impossible to come by these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful with quiet people because they are listening, carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet people think deeply. It's good to pause and reflect and not be into all the noise all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, beyond a point, noise can be irritating.

      Delete
  4. Quietness may be a prelude to upcoming pandemonium.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ' Your post reminded me of that timeless quote, sir. Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quiet unless I know you really well and feel comfortable with you. People often confuse "quiet" with "bored" and nothing can be further from the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sitting with a quiet friend or more is the best; so many folks feel the need to talk nonstop. The latter includes a woman I met before we were teenagers; she thinks she knows me. lol Be well!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.