Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Intrigued

Theme: Emotions
Collins Dictionary definition of 'intrigued': If you are intrigued by something, especially something strange, it interests you, and you want to know more about it.

It describes a state of mind that is curious and on a relentless pursuit of understanding.

It is the transition from the unknown to the known.

It is the foundation of science. 

Think of children -- the epitome of curiosity. They are constantly intrigued, and they are always asking questions.

Think of Isaac Newton and the falling apple.  The familiar became strange, and Newton's curiosity propelled him to unravel the laws of gravity.

We often find people happy with anything that conforms to their line of thought. They are always happy to agree.

A society in which people lack a scientific bend of mind is unhealthy and stagnant.

To be intrigued is a desirable feature of the human mind. 

It compels us to look beyond the surface, to peel back the layers of the mundane, and to reveal the extraordinary that lies beneath.

If no one is intrigued, there will be no progress, innovation, or growth.

(I'm participating in #AtoZChallenge and #BlogchatterA2Z)


7 comments:

  1. Excellent word choice! I'll look back at some of your others too.
    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side: 2024 A to Z of Dungeons & Dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you picked a word I can never spell. Every time I try to use it, I have to rely on spell check, and for some reason I leave out a vowel that'll make spell check not recognize it. Hence why I'm not saying anything else about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find an awful lot intriguing, to the point where it annoys me. I just have to accept some things are how they are and I don't need to know why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you need to be intrigued in order to go beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je pense exactement la même chose que Priya ! Bravo pour ce nouvel article, très juste et fin.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments. Thank you.
If your email ID is enabled in the Blogger profile, I'll reply to your comments via email because you won't have to come back here or look through email notifications to read my reply.
I might copy-paste the replies here if I feel they might be of interest to others as well.
For everyone else, I'll reply here.